Bruce Arena’s LA Galaxy will look to rebound from a tough 3-3 draw to Real Salt Lake on the road when they look to get payback against Jason Kreis’s Orlando City at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. Kickoff is scheduled for 4 p.m. PT/7 p,m. ET. Our Live Blog begins at 2 p.m PT/5 p.m. ET. The match preview, from MLSSoccer.com.
LA GALAXY vs. ORLANDO CITY SC
StubHub Center | Carson, California
Sunday, September 11 | Week #27 | MLS Game #282
7 pm ET (FS1 in the US, MLS LIVE in Canada)
A star-filled night is ahead in a meeting of two teams in the thick of the chase for places in the MLS Cup Playoffs when the LA Galaxy meet Orlando City SC on Sunday afternoon at StubHub Center before an FS1 audience. The Galaxy sit in a tie for second place in the Western Conference, coming off a dramatic 3-3 draw at Real Salt Lake at midweek — and will be welcoming MLS all-time leading scorer Landon Donovan back from retirement for the match. Orlando City kicked off their road swing with a 4-1 win at the Montreal Impact also at midweek as one-time FIFA World Player of the Year Kaká netted two goals — putting OCSC above the red line as they bid to reach the MLS postseason for the first time.
- The LA Galaxy used a pair of impressive strikes to beat Columbus Crew SC, 2-1, at home during Week 26 action. LA have a midweek game against Real Salt Lake before this meeting with Orlando City.
- Orlando City SC also have a midweek road match on the schedule, as they play the Montreal Impact before heading to StubHub Center. Orlando’s most recent match was a 2-1 victory over New York City FC on Aug. 28.
- This is the first and only meeting between the two teams during the 2016 regular season.
REFEREE: Ismail Elfath. AR1 (bench): Matthew Nelson; AR2 (opposite): Ian Anderson; 4th: Allen Chapman
MLS Career: 78 games; FC/gm: 24.8; Y/gm: 3.1; R: 18; pens: 21
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: LA: Jelle Van Damme — ORL: David Mateos, Carlos Rivas, Brek Shea
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: LA: A.J. DeLaGarza, Jeff Larentowicz — ORL: Servando Carrasco, Seb Hines
DISABLED LIST: none
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
ALL-TIME (1 meeting): Galaxy 0 wins, 0 goals — Orlando City 1 win, 4 goals — Ties 0
AT STUBHUB CENTER: First meeting.
LAST YEAR (MLS)
5/17: ORL 4, LA 0 (Avila 12; Larin 34; Kaka 56; Ceren 73)
- The teams met once during Orlando City SCís inaugural season. Eric Avila, Cyle Larin, Kak· and Darwin Ceren all scored as City strolled to a 4-0 win May 17 in Orlando.
- Coaches record: Bruce Arena vs. ORL: P1 W0 L1 T0 — Jason Kreis vs. LA: P18 W7 L7 T4
Keep it right here on The Stoppage Time, powered by Azteca Soccer, for more world football news. Stay connected on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.