Another week of Mexicans abroad action has arrived and we have seen some interesting headlines. Not only has Hirving Lozano continued his form, but we saw some other Mexicans help their teams to victory.
Here’s how they did…
Andrés Guardado’s assists help Real Betís beat Celta Vigo
After falling behind in the 10th minute, Real Betís continued their fight against Celta Vigo with the help of Mexican veteran Andrés Guardado. A cross in the 31st minute found Sergio León right on the head to equalize. In the second half, Andrés found Zouhair Feddal for another header to take a 2-1 lead in the 78th minute.
Real Betís would go on to claim the three points, and Andrés will be heading into World Cup qualifying this September in great form.
Hirving Lozano pivotal again for PSV
Hirving Lozano started off his campaign with PSV scoring goals and he has continued that trend. A cleanup goal in the 24th minute against Roda JC gave PSV the 2-0 cushion to see the game out and collect the victory. The goal is Hirving Lozano’s third in the season, with one assist to his name. He is also the first player in PSV history to score in three games consecutively.
Tecatito Corona gets FC Porto the victory
It only took seven minutes for Tecatito Corona to get on the board. A wonderful display of control by Corona to get FC Porto on the board, and giving them the eventual win. He was subbed out, however, in the 46th minute. Some speculate it was a precaution to avoid an injury.
- Ochoa started in the 0-4 loss to Club Brugge.
- Chicharito played the full 90 minutes in the 0-3 loss to Newcastle.
- Omar Govea went 87 minutes in the 1-1 draw with KV Kortrijk.
- Diego Reyes and Miguel Layún did not feature for FC Porto, while Herrera played 10 minutes.
- Miguel Layún is rumored to be in the process of finalizing a loan.
- Lalo Herrera has finally notched his first goal for Rangers in a 3-1 win over Ross County.