The Mexicans in Europe are starting to hit their stride with their clubs, and we have seen some decent results from several familiar names like Chicharito and El Chucky.
Take a look at how they are fairing early on in the season…
Lozano leading PSV
Last week was Hirving Lozano’s debut game with PSV and he notched a goal in their 3-2 win. This week, Hirving got another start in the XI and he did not disappoint. In the 68th minute, he scored his second goal for his club, and he recorded an assist as well. The start to his career in Europe has been going well, if not above expectations.
Chicharito putting the team on his back
West Ham’s 0-4 loss to Manchester United last week had Mexico fans a little worried for Chicharito. Moving from Bayer Leverkusen to West Ham was a risk, but Chicharito felt it was the correct move.
This weekend, Chicharito opened his EPL scoring account with two goals in the 2-3 loss to Southampton. Despite carrying the load, West Ham choked away a penalty in the 92nd minute.
Omar Govea enjoying his start in Belgium
The midfielder is on a one year loan with Royal Excel and he is taking advantage of all his opportunities. Already recording a goal and assist to his name early on in the season, Omar scored a crucial goal in Roal Excel’s 3-2 win this weekend.
- Raúl Jiménez recorded an assist coming off the bench in Benfica’s 5-0 win
- Uriel Antuna is officially a player for FC Groningen. He will wear number 14.
- Former Real Madrid U-19 captain, Paolo Medina, has officially moved to Benfica.
- Tecatito and Layún played for FC Porto in their 3-0 win. Tecatito played 67 minutes, Layún played eight. Diego Reyes and Héctor Herrera stayed on the bench.
- Andrés Guardado went the full 90 minutes in the 0-2 loss to Barcelona.
- Memo Ochoa started in Standard Liège’s 0-4 loss.
- Transfer rumors have Raúl Gudiño linked to a loan move to Holland, nothing confirmed, yet.