As the international game took a break, club play ramped up and several Mexicans abroad have been very busy across the pond. Chucky Lozano made the Halloween season pretty terrifying for Eredivisie defenders, as he has been PSV’s most electrifying player. The former Pachuca winger has nabbed nine goals and three assists in his start to his European career.
Recently, against Vitesse, Hirving was massive in PSV’s 4-2 victory, scoring two goals and adding an assist. His scoring rate has broken records, with seven goals in eight games in the league, Lozano has done something no one else has ever done. It’s easy to see how PSV has cashed in this year with signing Chucky.
FC Porto, also known as FC PorTri, got a big win in Champions League play on Wednesday. Tecatito and Héctor Herrera started against Leipzig in almost a do or die moment in the group. Looking to redeem themselves, FC Porto got on the board thanks to an Herrera goal. Despite giving one back, FC Porto was just too much for the German side, claiming a 3-1 victory.
Diego Reyes was subbed in late in the match, while Layún was not called in the roster. The victory puts FC Porto in second place in their group behind leaders Besiktas. FC Porto has one more home game against Monaco and one road game against leaders Besiktas.
On the weekend, Chicharito and West Ham finally had a few smiles in their 2-2 draw Crystal Palace. Chicharito scored the first goal of the game in the 31st minute. The team, however, is not clicking well, as they still have yet to record double-digit points in the season. Things don’t get much easier as Liverpool is up next for Chicharito and the Hammers.
- Despite winning some starts lately, Héctor Moreno rested for Roma’s Champions League game against Chelsea. Roma ended up winning, 3-2, and are now the group leaders.
- Raúl Jiménez won the start for Benfica against Manchester United. He was very active and was the closest to scoring after intercepting the ball outside the area. He went 74 minutes in the match.
- Junior Maleck scored against For FC Porto U19 in their 3-2 win over Leipzig.
- Andrés Guardado went the full 90 minutes in the 0-1 loss to Espanyol. He still remains one of the top players in assists in La Liga.
- Carlos Salcedo went the full 90 minutes in the 1-1 draw with Mainz. Salcedo and Eintracht Frankfurt went undefeated in the month of October.
- Uriel Antuna went the full match for Groningen in the 1-2 loss to Sparta Rotterdam.
- Juan Carlos Osorio has confirmed Antuna and Govea will be called for Mexico’s matches against Poland and Belgium in November.