A massive battle of red-hot teams in the A-League takes place at Parramatta Stadium in Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia on Friday, January 1, 2016. Tony Popovic‘s Western Sydney Wanderers are 8-2-2 (26 points) and are coming off a 2-0 win over Newcastle Jets at home. As for Guillermo Amor‘s Adelaide United, they smoked Wellington Phoenix 3-0 and are confident of a result on the road this weekend.
“My impressions of this game are very good and positive,” Amor said of last weekend’s efforts against Wellington. “We’re very happy for this result, for the condition of the game, for our attitude, and for our hard work. It’s a good day for us because we deserved (this type of result) in our last game.
“Wellington is a very good team and they’re a team that’s (very competitive) in the league with a lot of good, fast players. But I have always had confidence in our players and in our football, even in those difficult moments we had earlier in the season.
“We have always had this hunger to do better and obviously after a few wins you acquire more confidence, but it must be said, this team has always worked properly and have excelled, even when the results weren’t that good.”
Kickoff is scheduled for 12:40 a.m. PT/3:40 a.m. ET. Here’s what we think will happen between the Western Sydney Wanderers and Adelaide United.
- At least 40 fouls will be whistled.
- Under five cards will be issued.
- Eugene Galekovic will have under five saves.
- Andrew Redmayne will have under four saves.
- No goals will be scored in the first five minutes.
- No goals will be scored in stoppage time.
- Mark Bridge will score for Western Sydney.
- Romeo Castelen will score for Western Sydney.
- Mitch Nichols will score for Western Sydney.
- Over 18,000 will be in attendance.
It’s going to be just another walk in the park for the red-hot Wanderers, who are making it look remarkably easy this season. They have a long way to go before getting their hands on the Premiership Plate, but this is another step in the right direction.
Western Sydney Wanderers 3, Adelaide United 0